The following are a few notes on proper etiquette to adhere to while attending services in Church.
- Remember to silence your mobile devices
- Refrain from personal conversations when sitting
- Refrain from bringing candles to the altar during the Small and Great Entrance, the Gospel Reading, the Sermon and whenever the Priest or Bishop is facing the congregation
- Do not cross your legs when seated
- Refrain from chewing gum, mints, or candy
- Remove lipstick when receiving Holy Communion or when venerating and kissing the icons
- It is customary to cross yourself and say your name before receiving the Body and Blood of Christ
- Remember that one must be an Orthodox Christian in order to receive Holy Communion
- Follow the direction of the Priest for standing and sitting
- At the conclusion of the service, follow the direction of the ushers for an orderly dismissal
Thank you for your attention and understanding and may God bless you.